Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Our women’s health specialist sees many women who are keen to return safely to exercising after having a baby, and we can organise a postnatal return to exercise assessment, with a report sent to your trainer.
A doctor’s referral is not required to see our specialist, and the consultation is health fund claimable.
“Women’s Health Physiotherapy is the conservative management of a variety of problems that can affect a woman throughout her life.”
Why choose us
You have our full support, and a single point of contact for all your needs.
Areas we can help
- Mild pelvic organ prolapse
- Abdominal muscle separation (diastasis)
- Sacro-iliac joint pain (tail bone)
- Pubic symphysis pain
- Perineal tears
- Low back/sciatic nerve pain
- Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel
- Pain in the hip and groin regions
- Post Natal Women’s Health Education Sessions
Did you know that one in every three women who have ever had a baby have problems with bladder leakage? Unfortunately it is not a topic that is talked about a lot and the majority of women suffer in silence, thinking it is just a normal part of life once you’ve had a baby. But it is not and there is help available! Physiotherapy can cure incontinence in 65% of cases. In most cases of pelvic floor dysfunction, an internal vaginal examination is needed for accurate diagnosis and individualised treatment planning.
Not sure if you need to see a Women’s Health Physiotherapist ?
Women’s Health Exercise Classes
Our classes focus on:
- Strengthening the core to help prevent diastasis of rectus abdominal (separation of abdominals);
- Relieving pain relating to musculoskeletal conditions such as sciatica, lower back pain and pubic symphysis pain;
- Aid in the rehabilitation of C-sections and natural birth Assists with shaping and toning of the body;
- Developing core strength and stability; and
- Aligning the body with focus on better posture.
What’s involved? On first contact you will meet one-on-one with Michelle for your initial assessment. During this assessment Michelle will assess any recent or past injuries or chronic pain you may have ,if you’ve just recently had a baby we will check it is safe for you to start exercising, because it is not always a good idea to start too soon after giving birth. Michelle will then assess you with some exercises so she can create a customised program for you. Benefits of a customised program; they’re based around YOU the most important person,
Are these exercises for me? Whether it is for body maintenance, rehabilitation, or fun, we build this program around you. It is a safe form of exercise when taught by a qualified instructor and our women’s health specialist is not just a qualified instructor, but a well experienced Physiotherapist! These exercise classes are for everyone, no matter your age or fitness level. We offer an innovative system of exercises using a variety of equipment, now adopted worldwide by physiotherapists, dancers and athletes to keep the correct muscles strong and flexible, for rehabilitation or for simply staying fit. More and more people have become addicted to our classes over the years, as we can transform the way you walk, move, look and feel. Book in now to see what all the fuss is about!